The Invisalign treatment consists of a series of clear plastic, removable aligners created precisely to gently and gradually move the position of your teeth. These trays have minor pressure points built into them so that they move your teeth in small increments every couple of weeks. Straightening crooked teeth will usually require 12-24 trays of gradual repositioning, with the trays worn 22 hours per day (you can take them out for eating and cleaning). Invisalign is popular with adults since it is more discreet than traditional braces. Talk to us about payment plans to spread the cost of your treatment over an extended period.
As important as appearance can be, the benefit of braces goes beyond just aesthetics.
Straight teeth help an individual more effectively bite, chew and even speak. Straight teeth contribute to healthy teeth and gums. Teeth become easier to brush, clean and floss.
Signs your Child may need Orthodontic treatment
If you notice a problem with your child’s teeth or if your dentist recommends you to take them to an orthodontic provider, it is in your child’s best interest to make an appointment.
Signs of Possible Orthodontic Problems:
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Thumb and finger sucking
- Crowding, misplaced or blocked out teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
- Biting the cheek or roof of the mouth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
Orthodontic treatment has progressed over the years. Dr Tirza Harley offers treatment options for children, teens and adults that are customised to suit each person’s specific orthodontic needs. These include:
- Damon Fast Braces
- Clear (Ceramic) braces
- Invisalign – clear plastic aligners
If no orthodontic action is taken, treatment option become limited, more difficult to treat and the long-term stability may be compromised.
Benefit of Invisalign
- Invisible – only you will know you’re wearing braces
- Removable – so you can eat, drink, brush and floss, or take them out for special occasions
- Less painful as no wires or brackets are involved – just an invisible mould
- Advanced technology allows you to see upfront what your teeth are expected to look like at the end of the treatment
For more information, visit the Invisalign Australia website.
Book an appointment
Invisalign may not work for difficult orthodontic cases. Call us to make an appointment and find out if this treatment is right for you.
We offer a wide range of services including general, cosmetic, implant and preventative dentistry.