A Whites Dental Care dentist understands that each patient is unique. For some, this means experiencing a range of dental phobias and anxiety when it comes to visiting us. We’d like you to know that we’re here for you, and we’ll always do our best to help you feel comfortable and at ease in our presence.
To better meet your needs, here are a few suggestions we have for patients who may be nervous or anxious about visiting us:
Share your fears.
- It is important that you communicate your fears to your dentist and our team, so we are aware and can help set your mind at ease during your dental care.
- Here at Whites Dental Care we offer noise cancelling headphones for our patients, allowing them to listen to music or their favourite podcast, while completely blocking out the sound of the dental procedure.
- Our dental rooms have ceiling mounted television screens to keep children and adults entertained while they undergo dental treatment.
- A stress ball can be a great distraction for a patient that would otherwise be focused on their fears—simply mention it to any member of our team if you’d like this option as we have them on-hand.
- If the above distraction methods are not successful or are not quite enough to make you feel at ease, there are several different forms of sedation that our dentists can recommend to help you feel calm during treatment. A patient may choose from nitrous oxide (happy gas), oral sedation (various types of sedative medication) or IV (intravenous) sedation under the care of a suitably qualified medical practitioner.
The caring team at Whites Dental Care can help address your dental fears in an empathetic manner which will lead to your treatment not only being done but being done comfortably.
Book your appointment today with one of our caring dentists. We look forward to welcoming you into the practice!